Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Steak and Togas

Damn, those are, like, my two new favorite things.

So, like I said, I'm trying to get into a fraternity. From the numerous meetings and what-not, they have made it very clear to us that the frats at Embry-Riddle are not like the ones from Accepted and Animal House. Which is good. And bad. But mostly good.

There are a few frats on campus, and fewer sororities. But I don't have double-X chromosomes so I'm not too terribly worried about the later.

The two frats I'm looking at are:

Sigma Chi -- the relaxed, fun-loving guys. Sergio is hilarious.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon -- the epitome of class and sophistication (or so we've been told).

Events from the past few days, however, are making me really shoot for SAE. Dec (their recruitment chair) has been extremely friendly towards my roommate Tyler and I. He's invited us to numerous events, like last night's almost-private screening of Animal House, and steak dinner at his house tonight. Yes, togas were/will be worn. More than the events, however, the SAE guys are really swell. Sinjin (because I honestly have no idea how to spell his name) is great, and he works with Cyber Eye which Tyler and I are trying to join.

Oh yeah, Cyber Eye. Basically real-life intelligence gathering and reporting. I actually can't tell you much about it because I don't know that much about it. Only after I sign official nondisclosure documents will they actually give me information. And even then, I can't talk about it with anyone else.

Neat.

*

Actually, now it is the next morning. I was going to post this all last night, but I started getting sick so I opted for an early bedtime.

Steak was very nice. It was just Tyler and I at Dec's on-campus house, so we got a lot of one-on-one time with him. Hopefully this is all helping our changes of getting into Sigma Alpha, although I don't mind spending time with Dec at all. He's a bro, bro.

*

I keep telling myself I'll stop talking about my boring-ass life and do commentary on something else, but I keep forgetting to be interesting. Maybe next time.

-Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment